Sign UpSigning up to receive information from the Guyana Tourism Authority.
For birders, Guyana has over 815 migrant and resident bird species for visitors to see. Whether you are a beginner or keen birder, watching spectacular species of birds freely flying overhead and whistle will be an unforgettable experience. From the range of parrots, toucans, the harpy eagle, Guiana Cock-of-the-Rock, Blood-Coloured Woodpecker, Crimson Fruit crow, and the Elusive Rufus-Winged Ground-Cuckoo, Guyana is indeed a bird paradise and a place where birders should always visit.
• Georgetown (capital city) - a wide range of parrots and other species can be seen in the National Park, Promenade and Botanical Gardens and the Georgetown Seawall.
• Kaieteur National Park - the Guiana Cock-of-the-Rock, Orange-Breasted Falcon, white-Chinned and White-Tipped Swifts are the species that could be seen here in abundance.
• Iwokrama - Blue-Checked Amazon, Merail Guan, Guiana Red-Cotinga, Rufous-Throated Antbird, Waved Woodpecker, Ducsky Pupletuft, Painted Parakeet and White-Winged Potoo are just a few amongst the hundreds that can be seen in this area.
• The Rupununi - Harpy Eagle, Cayenne Jay, Finsch’s Euphonia, Double- Striped Thick Knee, Green-Tailed Jacamar, Pinnate Bittern, Crestless Curassow, Bearded Tachuri are only some of the species that can been seen regularly here.
Bird tour operators
• Guyana Amazon Tropical Birds
Let's Stay Connected
Contact InformationGuyana Tourism Authority
National Exhibition Center
Tel: 592 219 0094-6
Fax: 592 219 0093
Web: www.guyana-tourism.com www.guyanabirding.com